Saturday, January 28, 2006

"Thieves Like Us" New Order

I've accepted a business analyst position on a trial basis. I can't remember ever being this frightened in my life. When I get back from my trip, I will be thrown headlong into a situation I'm not qualified to handle. And because, clearly, I have not the substance for this job, I have to rely on mind tricks to get me through this. I'll let you inside my head:

Jose, please remember, that even as this situation appears daunting, you:
  • Will try your darndest, and when you do this, you have a track record of avoiding embarrasment
  • Are at your best as an underdog
  • Were offered this position: If you fuck up, it's actually their fault for asking you to do it

I've had razorblade butterflies in my belly for days. I can feel the caldera of my stomach ulcer expanding. And still, these are the kinds of up-against-the-wall situations that enlivens dulled primal instincts and wakes my inner tiger. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

Hahaha. OK, this is really stupid. Here's the deal. I don't know how to do this, so I'll learn it and do it. Done.

No comments: