Wednesday, April 05, 2006

"Nos Da Cariad" David Gray

I haven't felt as good as I did today in a very long time. The following are responsible:
  1. Spoke with J. in the morning and yes, I will visit her in Philadelphia. I'm very excited. I can't wait to drink wine with J. And then to wake up early and do crossword puzzles.
  2. Had a meeting at 9am with my boss's boss's boss's boss. She said I should not be short-sighted, said I should consider the opportunities, said she could not disrupt the equity of compensation for the group. I agreed with her and said I have thought of all of that. She said, perhaps I should think about it. I said, "I think I've already given you my answer." I had already declined it. "I cannot justify to myself working 60% more to receive just a 10% increase. I'm not comfortable with that." It feels good to say no to money. I hope this months-long fiasco is done. I've received attention because of all of this. My next step is to lay very low for the next 2 months.
  3. The sun came out and it was windy. I felt with the right apparel I could fly away. Exactly two years ago, I arrived in Hanoi. I miss being out.

No comments: