Monday, March 27, 2006

"End of the Day" Beck

I'm supposed to hear back about my stupid job tomorrow, wondering what kind of cockamamie plans about my new position and pay they've hatched. I've said no, and they've reconsidered their offer.

I will still say no.

The better part of my 8-hour workday was devoted to the careful selection of a Powerpoint template. I changed the colors around and then resourcefully parlayed copyrighted material into my very own, one-of-a-kind bullets. This is the kind of attention to detail that easily impresses the casual observer, and the average viewer of my presentation. It's the clean lines and cohesive identity of my visuals that will convince them of a material that is largely absent. In the battle between style and substance, style always wins. Substance without style is boring drivel that few are willing to interpret on their own. Style without substance is--at the very least--entertainment, and that's enough for most.

No comments: