Saturday, June 17, 2006

"Changes Are No Good" The Stills

I stopped working overtime for my job. I'm happy about that. I'm now rededicating myself to getting some other chapters published. Detached for months from this project has given me a bit of insight: Some of this shit sucked. The grammar is impeccable, of course, and the phrasing is precise and sometimes clever. But I was so concerned with length that some of these chapters lack the necessary focus to make it a compelling read. I'm working on a section now whose core element is a run-in with Osama Bin Laden. But I managed to talk about Disneyland, American commercials, the business casual beach attire of Muslims, a fist fight outside a restaurant, how many bottles of water I've drank, a fantasy scene with me and the president and another fight. Hmm, you know how sometimes nervous people talk too much as a means to conceal their ignorance or lacking confidence? This is what's going on here. Come on, boy, chin up.

Something else: This heat inspires both activity and lethargy. I woke up at 7 this morning after 4.5 hours of sleep, got dressed to play tennis, and went back to sleep until 11:30.

No comments: