Sunday, October 02, 2005

"A Call to Apathy" The Shins

First thing's first: "For somebody who doesn't seem to understand the point of blogging" I seem to have created no less than half-a-dozen separate online journals. As an American, I'm entitled not only to changing my mind, but doing so unapologetically. I won't apologize but I will explain: These blogs have all been thematically organized and devoted to different phases of my life:
  • Phikle Phiktion: Self-conscious musings and artsy mumbo jumbo that defined most of my early 20s
  • Pretending Not to be Lost: International acts of idiocy
  • Unemployment Life: The idiot comes home and commits himself to writing a book.
  • Business Casualty: The musings, the traveling, the book are all done. Having carefully nurtured my soul in the garden of self-edification, I've decided to sell it to one of the largest investment management companies in the world.

Business Casualty will track the changing priorities of a yuppie sell-out, his desperate rationalizations as an unpublished author, and the daily annoyances he suffers at work.

Thanks for your time and consideration. I hope to see you again.

No comments: